Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Worst Song EVER

CNNDOTCOM has a worst song ever article, so I thought I'd vote.

1. Offspring-Come Out and Play
"The kids are strappin' on their way to the classroom / Getting weapons with the greatest of ease..." What doesn't make sense is that this is apparently an anti-school violence song, not a beer bong, date rape, gay joke song. Apologies to every Fraternity that used this as the audio track on their Class of whatever video montage.

(You've Got To Keep Them Separated)

2. Train-Drops of Jupiter
In and of itself, not a horrible song. But that "best soy latte" line blasts it into shameful infamy.

3. Bowling for Soup-1985
Forget that much of U2 and Madonna's success came in the NINETIES (The Joshua Tree was released in 1987), and that all of Blondie's hit singles were released before 1982. I just can't stand that whiny, faux punk voice.

My entries are good songs by good artists, but exploited by advertising, radio play or other means.

4. Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden

5. Phantom Planet - California

6. Oasis - All Around the World

7. Howie Day - Collide


Maybe you could find pictures, MK.

MKinMotion in Red.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" - Heart

As noted in the CNN article, "it makes me want to stab Q-tips into my ears." I can't believe it didn't make the CNN list!

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 words.....Do you believe in life after love....wait, I miscounted. But you get the idea....Cher singing? Shoot me NOW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home